Membership begins 1st August every year
- Connect with Short Statured People & Parents from around Australia.
- Receive advice & support from other members
- Four issues of the National SSPA Journal (either print or electronic version) per year.
- Travel subsidies for short-statured people to attend the annual National Conventions (when funds are available).
- Discounts on National Convention registration fees
- Access to the SSPA Library.
- Access to the Careers and Vocational Guidance Fund: The SSPA’s Careers & Vocational Guidance Fund was established to assist people of short stature, whether it be in education, their careers or personal circumstances. Assistance is given at the discretion of the trustees.
- Access to the expertise of medical and health care professionals on the SSPA Professional Advisory Board.
- Opportunities to attend Short Stature symposiums.
- Opportunities to participate in competitive sporting opportunities with those of a similar stature
To become a member of the SSPA or to renew your membership for 2018/19, the following link will take you to our online membership form:
Membership of the SSPA is open to people of short stature, their family & friends or indeed anyone with a genuine interest in short stature.
Details of our current membership categories are as follows:
- SSI (Short Statured Individual) – Any person of short stature over the age of 18. Entitled to one vote.
- P/G (Parent Guardian) – a parent/guardian of a person of short stature who is under 18, or a dependant student under 25. Entitled to one vote.
- Family membership – two parent/guardians of a person of short stature who is under 18, or a dependant student under 25. Entitled to two votes.
- Associate membership – any interested person who has a relative or friend of short stature or who has a valid interest in short stature. Entitled to one vote.
- Corporate membership – not entitled to vote.
- Life membership – awarded to a long serving member of the SSPA . Determined by the membership. Entitled to one vote.
Now members may take advantage of advanced payment memberships of 3 or 5 years. See the table of fees below:
SSPA Membership form
To join, complete and submit the SSPA Membership form by clicking on the link below:
Once you have submitted the membership form online, payment may be made in one of the following ways:
Please make cheques payable to “SSPA” and mail to:
Short Statured People of Australia Inc.
Unit 112/183 Osborne Drive
Mount Martha VIC 3934
Please make payment to our account, details shown below by using your internet banking or by visiting a branch:
CBA (Commonwealth) a/c in name of SHORT STATURED PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA INC.
BSB: 062 246
ACC No.: 00800218
NB: When making payment, kindly indicate your last name and the type of membership, e.g. BROWN parent guardian.
For any general membership enquiries, contact the SSPA Membership Secretary at: [email protected]